Wednesday, May 14, 2008

For anyone who's ever told me to "f*ck off and go eat sh*t"...

Last night, Trish and I decided to explore the wonderland we call Queens and go out for Vietnamese food in the heart of ethnic Elmhurst. Trish had been feeling nasty all day, and not the good kind of nasty, the nasty that has you hugging the toilet, Ms. Jackson (anyone over 30 get that reference?). I thought that maybe some hot Pho would get here blood pumping, so we jumped in the van and headed to a restaurant that we had spotted several times on our way back and forth from my fave deparment store, Target. As we sat down and started perusing the menu, we realized that this in fact was not a Vietnamese restaurant, but a Taiwanese restaurant. Oops. Well, we decided to stay anyway since the food looked interesting and it seemed way cleaner than the Vietnamese dump we passed a few blocks earlier.

On the menu, the waitress thought I had pointed to the fried pig intestines, but I corrected her and told her that no, I was actually pointing to the chicken roll listed next to it. She nodded and wrote down the rest of our order. Long story short, after wondering why the chicken roll had such a weird consistency, we discovered that the crazy biyatch obviously didn't really understand English and had still ordered us the intestines. I actually ate a fried, once sh*t-filled tube of pig flesh. Though they actually didn't taste bad, I wouldn't exactly recommend them. They're basically chewy and tasteless and if you didn't know any better, look like they would probably taste good (see pic). But just thinking about where they've been and what had been flowing through them makes me almost throw up in mouth a little.

No comments:

"I'd rather be nine people's favorite thing thana hundred people's ninth favorite thing."

Jeff Bowen, Lyrics "[Title of Show]"