Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Totally unprepared

So I took the Les Mis conductor's score home this week to practice and write down some cues. I can play the score fine and I can conduct it quite well, if I do say so myself. But play and conduct at the same time? - not so much. I should have spent way more time practicing conducting with my left hand and playing with my right, and less time inhaling paint fumes over the weekend. I totally suck at conducting with my left hand. Oh well, perhaps the audience will be so dazzled by the gorgeous lobby that they won't notice my spastic arm waving. My hope is that the accompanist Val hired to play run-throughs the last few days is good enough to cover most of the piano score and I can really just devote myself to conducting. Fingers crossed. Oy, and don't even get me started on Cabaret Night next week. There are going to be some stressed out kids memorizing music over the weekend.

No comments:

"I'd rather be nine people's favorite thing thana hundred people's ninth favorite thing."

Jeff Bowen, Lyrics "[Title of Show]"