Saturday, November 22, 2008

Rock Of Ages

Stupid, cheesy, campy, tacky and I loved it! Well, “love” may be too strong a word, but I am a child of the 80’s so I may have been seduced by an overwhelming wave of nostalgia. Then again, what else could I expect from a show based on the LA glam rock scene of the 80’s? I mean, come on, two of the biggest hits the year I graduated were “Sweet Child O’ Mine” by Guns N’ Roses and “Pour Some Sugar On Me” by Def Leppard. ‘Nuf said?

I think a serious review of the show would be ridiculous. It’s pretty light on plot and costumes. I’ve literally never seen so many thong-ed, bare ass cheeks on a stage. And there’s plenty of “hang loose” arm waving, extended flicking tongues and androgynous bare torsos in leather vests. The show’s fun, extremely loud and the producers encourage drinking during the show. What else do you really need to know?

No comments:

"I'd rather be nine people's favorite thing thana hundred people's ninth favorite thing."

Jeff Bowen, Lyrics "[Title of Show]"