Saturday, August 14, 2010

Fat

With camp finally over and Trish back from a trip to visit family in PA, we are finally able to spend our first real summer weekend in New York. I can’t even believe Labor Day is just three weeks away. When did summer vacation turn into “back-to-school”? Sucks to be a teenager I guess.

Anyway, I’ve decided it’s time to go back to the gym since every piece of clothing I tried on from last summer seems just a size too small. It’s so depressing. I’m not so much concerned about getting fat as much as seeing the money I shell out monthly for a gym membership go to waste. The moment I tear up that card is the moment I have embraced the idea of being a fat, middle-aged man…in NYC. Sure, a fat, middle-aged man in Iowa, no big deal, but this is the land of beautiful people and Chelsea boys! Oh well, I shall try to commit to some regular workouts, if not to regain that six-pack, at least to reduce the enormity of my spreading muffin top.

After an all too brief workout, a sad 30 minutes on the elliptical after which my legs were screaming to be back on the ottoman cradling a bowl of Ben & Jerry’s Cherry Garcia, I decided it best to ease back into my new healthy lifestyle. I mean, it’s Saturday afternoon. Who starts a life changing diet and exercise regime on a Saturday afternoon? I shall do what any normal person would do, put it off until Monday. Until then, Trish and I are off to catch the new cast of Next to Normal. Review to follow shortly…

No comments:

"I'd rather be nine people's favorite thing thana hundred people's ninth favorite thing."

Jeff Bowen, Lyrics "[Title of Show]"