Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Mountain Dew Me!

After two days confined to my couch - well, the couch and the porcelain “throne” - I’m finally back to work. Which reminds me, remember that soft drink from the 90’s, Squirt? What an unfortunate name. I’m sure the guy that came up with that one is bagging groceries somewhere now. But I digress. It sucks being sick and I unfortunately had to cancel an Oklahoma rehearsal. But it does appear I’ve lost about three pounds. Hooray for the flu! Juan was complaining about stomach problems all weekend, so perhaps I caught a bug from him. Anyway, all seems fine now but why is it that after lying on a couch and relaxing for two days am I so damn tired? I think I willed myself back to health knowing that I have tickets for the Broadway revival of South Pacific tonight. When it appeared that I might be suffering a prolonged illness, Trish informed me that we’d be going to the theater no matter what and that she would supply me with an adult diaper. Luckily for me (and probably my seat neighbors) I’ve recovered and will not have to resort to Depends.

If you haven't read Seth Rudetsky's Onstage & Backstage column on Playbill.com (appears weekly on Monday's), you are missing a hilarious and dishy insider's view of the Broadway world. An interesting tidbit in this week's column:
[Angela Lansbury] accepted the part [of Mrs. Potts in Beauty and the Beast], and they went into the studio to record the title song. She did it once all the way through…and they kept it! The version we all know from the movie was done in one take! Go "old-school Lansbury"!

1 comment:

Gerry said...

You're tired because your body was fighting your infection (even though you were restin). I'm glad you feel better.

"I'd rather be nine people's favorite thing thana hundred people's ninth favorite thing."

Jeff Bowen, Lyrics "[Title of Show]"