Friday, March 7, 2008

I hate to whine...

but I'm sooooo tired. Thankfully, Madama Butterfly opens tonight - or as I affectionately refer to it, Mad Butt. The cast seems pretty confident if a bit ragged energy-wise. They all sound vocally fantastic, but I can tell the rehearsal schedule has gotten to them as well - most, like me, have day jobs in the city.

Mom and dad are here for opening and the Pineda's Jersey apartment will be packed to the rafters with family. Hopefully, we won't kill each other before it's all over. Oh, wait, it's not over. This just means it's time to start rehearsals for Pirates... and Oklahoma! I can't wait until August when I have my evenings and weekends back again. Well, some of them. I have a sneaking suspicion that Carmen will start usurping my life in the fall. More on that and the Mad Butt opening (that sounds dirty!) later this weekend.

No comments:

"I'd rather be nine people's favorite thing thana hundred people's ninth favorite thing."

Jeff Bowen, Lyrics "[Title of Show]"