Thursday, May 13, 2010

(Almost) no rehearsal this week OR Fausto has too much time on his hands because he's writing on that damn blog every single f*ckin' day!

So all I do is bitch and moan about how busy I am. Finally I get a couple of days off and I’m bored. I’m not saying I’m thankful that I had to trudge out to NJ for the brush-up rehearsal last night - and thanks to the MTA for making me miss my bus - but I guess I’m just the kind of personality that needs constant amusement, like a cat or a 3 year old.

Don’t get me wrong, I have plenty to do. My bathroom is disgusting and don’t even ask me how long it’s been since I’ve changed the sheets on my bed. But rehearsals, work and commuting have been a great excuse to put off other, probably more important tasks like cleaning up that lethal black mold city growing in the shower and getting rid of that three week old plastic bag of white and green fuzz in the fridge. And don’t even get me started on the DVR list. I guess I just have to wrap up in my snuggie, order a pizza and have a Fringe, Survivors (BBC series, not the reality show), and Glee marathon. Honestly, I enjoy Glee for the musical numbers (when are they going to have a Sondheim episode? And before you say it, I know, I know, nobody outside musical theatre cares about Sondheim, but a girl can dream), but quite frankly, it’s pretty badly written. I mean, every single character is a scheming two-sided bitch. Even Mr. Shuester isn’t that sympathetic a character. Oh well, maybe it needs some time to find it’s rhythm. I mean, those early episodes of Sex and the City were pretty inconsistent. Remember Carrie’s asides to the camera? Scary. And wait, what was the point of this paragraph? Oh yeah, I’m a procrastinator and use my “busy” life as an excuse to live in filth. Who needs a therapist?

The cast seemed pretty upbeat at today’s brush-up rehearsal. I was afraid people would show up all attitude-y since a brush-up was never included in the original rehearsal schedule. But hell, if you want to maintain “the best dancing that’s been seen on the CDC stage in years” you have to crack the whip, LOL! I don’t mean to make light of a wonderful review in this week’s Westfield Leader (and Ms. Dougherty, if by some weird reason you’ve found this blog, please stop reading) but technically, praising the dancing is a compliment to the dancers not the choreographer. She never actually says that the choreography is any good, although I think that’s what she means. Or does she? In a veiled way is she saying that the choreography sucks and that the poor talented dancers rise above it? Is she trying to sabatoge my career? Does Ms. Dougherty not think I would see through her charade? Mama, am I pretty? Ok, maybe I do need therapy.

1 comment:

TrishDelish said...

you're retarded.

and i love that pic of the cat. it has the "ugg boot" cut that joey's cats get. awesome.

"I'd rather be nine people's favorite thing thana hundred people's ninth favorite thing."

Jeff Bowen, Lyrics "[Title of Show]"