Friday, June 1, 2012

Meat, glorious meat!

Showing off my grilling prowess.
Trish and I are currently obsessed with Gyu-Kaku restaurant in midtown.  It's a Japanese BBQ joint where you order a bunch of meats and cook them yourself on the mini-grill located in the middle of the table. 

We stumbled upon the carnivore-centric restaurant as we wandered midtown after Empire Thursday night looking for a late night snack.  Sure, they have a couple of vegetables on the menu, but why waste precious calories on non-protein items?  Bring on the flesh!

They also have a nifty Happy Hour special weekdays 4pm-6pm and then again from 9:30pm to closing where almost everything is half price.  What better reason to indulge in some heavy meat-ploitation?  I recommend ordering a side of garlic rice, prepared and served at your table in a stone bowl.   No vampire will come within a hundred feet of you after you've downed a couple spoonfuls.  Though I'd skip the rice if it's a first date and you're hoping to get lucky.

Then you can head around the block to 45th Street for a cookie fix at Schmackery, my other current obsession.  Their thick, doughy, frosted cookies are delish.  I recommend the carrot cake and red velvet.  I'd link, but it seems they don't have a website.  Seriously, what year is it?  1992?  Get some web presence already!

Trish playing with her meat.

No comments:

"I'd rather be nine people's favorite thing thana hundred people's ninth favorite thing."

Jeff Bowen, Lyrics "[Title of Show]"