Thursday, November 4, 2010

Money, money, money

I just made 500 francs!  Literally.  As director, choreographer, set designer, prop mistress, sometime accompanist and stage crew for Pineda Lyric’s upcoming La Traviata, I was busy at my office desk this afternoon cutting and pasting pictures of old French currency and printing it out on green paper (shhhh, don’t tell HR).  Before you get all high and mighty on me, I’ve seen plenty of recipes, articles, fifth grade book reports and miscellaneous random personal crap sitting on top of the work printers.  I don’t feel the least bit guilty about my counterfeiting project.  At least I bought the paper, so I’m really just stealing a few pennies worth of ink.  Isn’t rationalizing fun?!

We’ve got just one more run-through of Traviata tonight and then the final dress rehearsal on Friday.  After that, well, they’re on their own.  Buy tickets here and mark your calendars for the upcoming Very Merry Pineda Holiday Spectacular on December 23.  You know you want to.

No comments:

"I'd rather be nine people's favorite thing thana hundred people's ninth favorite thing."

Jeff Bowen, Lyrics "[Title of Show]"