Thursday, January 3, 2008

Happy Jesus Year, Dan!

Do not eat at Carmine’s if you are on a diet or if you have recently had your teeth whitened. It’s been a couple of years since I’ve worshiped at this particular temple of glutton and garlic. But it hasn’t changed one bit. The dining room is still packed, the portions are still huge and the food is still a vampire's nightmare. Perhaps my judgment was slightly biased due to the slight fever brought upon by our tall, dark, hairy-forearmed hunk of a waiter. You may crumb my table anytime you’d like, Tim. Anyway, the gang was out celebrating Dan’s Jesus year (that’s 33rd Birthday for all you heathens). Wasn’t it just days ago we were in our 20’s? At least we still look it, at least those of us blessed with Asian genes. Yellow don’t mellow! PS - I highly recommend ordering the “Titanic” for dessert. Yum!

Anyway, I thought you’d appreciate seeing how just two bottles of wine can turn a bunch of early 30-something’s (cough, cough) into blathering idiots. So below are some shots from the happy event.

Suzy and Tim, our waiter, with "the Claw"

Peter, Trish and I enjoying dinner

Ray & Peter, Trish and me with our Hickory Farms Christmas samplers

Peter and Trish sucking

Birthday Boy Dan, Ray and Peter modeling

The whole gang


Happy Birthday, Dan! Damn, you’re getting old.

1 comment:

TrishDelish said...

Where are the beautiful portraits I took of Christopher? WHERE ARE THEY!?

"I'd rather be nine people's favorite thing thana hundred people's ninth favorite thing."

Jeff Bowen, Lyrics "[Title of Show]"