Wednesday, February 6, 2008

What's your birth opera?

I'm passing this along from a post on parterre.com, an opera blog that I frequently read. They've posted the Met's archive page where you can do a date search of all the Met's performances. I'm proud to say that Joan Sutherland and Marilyn Horne were performing two of their signature roles in Norma the evening of my birth! Click here to check your own. Here's the full listing for my birthdate:

Metropolitan Opera House
April 14, 1970, NORMA {73}

Norma...................Joan Sutherland
Pollione.................John Alexander
Adalgisa................Marilyn Horne
Oroveso................Bonaldo Giaiotti
Flavio....................Rod MacWherter
Clotilde..................Carlotta Ordassy
Conductor.............Richard Bonynge


Joan Sutherland as Norma, Covent Garden, 1952

No comments:

"I'd rather be nine people's favorite thing thana hundred people's ninth favorite thing."

Jeff Bowen, Lyrics "[Title of Show]"