Monday, February 4, 2008

Go Giants!

I am in no way a sports fan. In fact, I do not watch sports unless alcohol, food or sex (preferably at least 2 out of 3) are somehow involved and there isn't some Broadway special on PBS. Well, the stars lined up yesterday for both me and the Giants, though sadly, minus the sex. First, the highlights - nachos, pigs-in-a-blanket, chocolate mousse cake, hamburger helper (I know, white trash, but delightful nonetheless), chips and dips, nachos, hot links, finger food a-plenty and beer. Oh, and the Giants won. Even I have to admit it was a great game and I found myself jumping up and down and screaming like a 12-year old girl at Wicked. I'm sure the whole underdog situation and home team loyalty helped me invest emotionally more than I normally would. And face it, the comeback surge and crazy Manning sack escape in the last minutes was dramatic - and what queen doesn't love drama!? I'm sure most of the viewing audience - clarification, MALE viewing audience - was not comparing the Manning siblings on their looks instead of on their QB skills. FYI: Peyton definitely wins that competition. Sadly, the commercials all pretty much sucked. Anyway, congrats Giants and thank you for a great lead-in to yet another freakishly good episode of House.

No comments:

"I'd rather be nine people's favorite thing thana hundred people's ninth favorite thing."

Jeff Bowen, Lyrics "[Title of Show]"