Thursday, May 21, 2009

Anchor's Aweigh

Summer in the city is officially here. The boys are back in town! Yup, it’s Fleet Week in NYC and you know what that means. Cute young things in tight, white uniforms whip-lashing to check out “all them tall buildings” in Times Square (for best effect, try reading that last sentence again but with a southern or western accent where the quotes are). I’m thinking of it as a warm-up for Pineda Conservatory’s upcoming production of On The Town and an excuse to do some in depth character “research” - wink, wink. Who doesn’t like a man in uniform? Am I right ladies? Gimme’ a holla! Whoah, excuse me, I totally ghetto-ed out there for a second. Anyway, I love this time of year because the skyscraper-lined streets haven’t yet turned into asphalt ovens and everyone is just plain giddy that winter is finally over. And did I mention the sailors?

I must have a late dose of Spring fever as well, because this morning I realized I completely forgot to go to a rehearsal last Wednesday night. And it wasn’t just some random rehearsal, it was our final run-through of The Magic Flute before next week’s tech. Oops. Oh well, sometimes sh*t happens. I must really be out of it, because I’ve never just plain forget about a rehearsal. Yes, I’ve been known to bull-sh*t some lame last minute excuse in the past (haven’t we all?) but I honestly just forgot. Early onset of senility? Whatev’s. Only four days to tech week.

No comments:

"I'd rather be nine people's favorite thing thana hundred people's ninth favorite thing."

Jeff Bowen, Lyrics "[Title of Show]"