Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Haul Out the Friggin' Holly

The fun just keeps coming, don’t it? Right on the heals of the big Anniversary party and reception show (which, by the way, was a smashing success, especially my “King of the World” moment during Val’s tear-worthy My Heart Will Go On), the crazy four, Juan, Val, Trish and I, start rehearsals for the LOC Holiday concert. Never sticklers for preparation, we have yet to pick all the music. I mean, we still have, like, 36 hours, right? Seriously, we need to start planning a smidge better. Anyway, I just got through emailing with Val and we’re throwing around ideas. I’m definitely going to do a cheese-irific version of I’ll Be Home For Christmas as well as Ave Maria, which I can just pull out of my ass, and Grateful by John Bucchino. Other than that, things are pretty much up in the air. We should honestly start planning now for next year. I was supposed to head to NJ after work for rehearsal today, but Val has asked me to stay home so she can teach the music to the chorus of LOC young artists that will be performing with us. Per usual, we will be flying on adrenaline, sugar and creative BS. At least we’ll look fabulous in our tuxes and gowns. If you’re going to be in the central NJ area, come watch us sing and probably make a whole lot of sh*t up on stage this Friday, 8:00 PM, First United Methodist Church of Scotch Plains, 1171 Terrill Road, Scotch Plains, NJ.

No comments:

"I'd rather be nine people's favorite thing thana hundred people's ninth favorite thing."

Jeff Bowen, Lyrics "[Title of Show]"