Wednesday, December 5, 2007

More Love for Target

I just have to share a funny exchange I overheard (read: eavesdropping) between a mom and daughter while I was trying to pick a hand lotion from the glittering array of brands on display at the Queens' Target. Props to unbridled consumerism!

Sloppily dressed, overweight mom:
"I’ll just buy this one, it’s the cheapest."

Gangly greasy-haired, white trash daughter pointing to most expensive brand:
"Why don’t you buy that one, it says it relieves stress."

Sloppy mom grabbing cheap bottle and trudging away:
"If I just got rid of you and your father, I’d be fine."


See post below for more details about my field trip to Target last night.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was in the housewares section of Macys when I saw this fun family:

Chubby 8 year old: "look mom, this scale says I'm ## lbs!"
Overweight mom looking at pots and pans with overweight dad: "cuz you're a big heifer."

"I'd rather be nine people's favorite thing thana hundred people's ninth favorite thing."

Jeff Bowen, Lyrics "[Title of Show]"