Monday, April 14, 2008

Happy Birthday to me, ya'll!

Well, it's my thirty-mumble, mumble, mumble-eth birthday today. Since my big three-oh mumble mumble years ago, I’ve not placed any importance on my birthday. It’s really just one more day of the year I can mooch free meals off my friends guilt free. Note to fellow cheap skates: do not use the “darn-I-forgot-to-stop-by-the-ATM-can-you-cover-me-until-next-time” excuse more than once in a row with the same person. They eventually catch on. Tonight, Trish and I will celebrate with the amahzing Seth Rudetsky. No, we’re not great childhood friends. We’re not even passing enemies. Quite frankly, to Seth I’m just another nameless Miss Saigon chorus boy. Trish was able to score TDF tickets to Seth’s Broadway 101 concert tonight. I went last year and it was a blast. Basically, it’s his comedy show with Broadway actors, dancers, singers and orchestra acting as his “back-up” while he gives a “lesson” on how a Broadway show is constructed; a deconstruction of Broadway construction, if you will. My I’m clever. Anyway, more on the show later in the week - right now I must get back to my demanding survival job of answering phones and appearing to look tremendously busy while covertly updating my facebook page hourly.

1 comment:

Jim Miles said...

Hey Fausto, thanks for checking out my blog. I love how you cover all sorts of the different events on your blog, like the ones I won't see because I'm not in NYC. Thanks for the tips. I'm actually a writer, not an actor, but they are very much appreciated!

"I'd rather be nine people's favorite thing thana hundred people's ninth favorite thing."

Jeff Bowen, Lyrics "[Title of Show]"