Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I'm a fat idiot

"Why are there only two people standing outside the theatre?" Trish asked me as we approached the Walter Kerr at about a quarter to eight, on our way to see A Catered Affair last night. I knew the reviews weren't so hot, but the show opened less than a week ago. I quickly pulled out the tickets. The show started at 7:00 PM. Oops. Being an avid opera-goer I should know better, considering operas rarely start at 8:00 PM to avoid those after midnight run times. Anyway, lesson learned. We'll try again tonight.

On a side note, the weather in NYC is gorgeous today and as I approached the revolving door at the Morg this morning I wanted to walk right past it, strip down to my undies and walk up the street to Central Park to work on my tan. Well, maybe not walk and strip at the same time. Well, maybe not even strip. OK, just walk to Central Park fully clothed for a dirty water hot dog and ice cream. Then I could sit and ogle the masses tanning in the Sheep Meadow. How can there be so many fit people free during the day to lounge around Central Park? Do they all work at gyms at night? Is the phenomenon of muscular masses leading lives of leisure (how's that for alliteration) only a New York City singularity? Anyway, I am happy to announce my return to the gym after a year-long hiatus. Of course, I've continued paying my NYC fat tax (my friend Chris' term for New Yorker's seemingly required membership to a gym) even though I haven't even looked at a free weight in months. Of course, today I'm sore and tired, but I will be a The Biggest Loser come July!

No comments:

"I'd rather be nine people's favorite thing thana hundred people's ninth favorite thing."

Jeff Bowen, Lyrics "[Title of Show]"